Postpartum Healing - Inside and outside
for ultimate postpartum healing
Soothe Your Bits - Postpartum Serum with maternity pads, to create frozen PADSICLES
For some women the cooling sensation on tears and extreme bruising/ inflammation is a great relief. Cooling an area helps the body to heal that area. Soothe Your Bits has been specially developed to use either on it's own or pumped onto a pad and frozen.
How to create Padsicles: Take a Maternity pad and pump 10-15 times, the full length of the pad (not on wings), pop a piece of baking paper on the top, fold over and put in a resealable bag in the freezer. When you take a padsicle out of the freezer - leave to thaw for a minute.
Tip: It's good to prepare around 4 of these prior to giving birth, in case you really need them and don't have time once the baby arrives.
What you need for birthing
The following is what we recommend for vaginal birth -
in either a hospital or birthing suite.
start getting ready at around 34 weeks
~ maternity pads - Re-usable or organic cotton
~ big girl comfy knickers (now is not the time for little)
~ Soothe Your Bits to help with healing
~ nursing bras / nursing tops
~ nursing pads - Organic cotton or re-usable
~ toiletries and hair care products
~ slippers, socks and bath robe
~ soft pillow & relaxation tools
~ lactation tea & snacks
~ music, magazines and movies
~ supplements - magnesium, iron, B12, vitamin D, fish oil
For baby: Car seat, nappies, onsies, warm Merino hat, blanket
Postpartum Recovery - Beat the baby blues
take time out for you
tips on how to look after yourself
- shower and put on your favourite scent
- take the baby for a walk, it gets you out of the house and helps you reconnect with nature and clear your mind
- shape wear can help make you feel a little more confident.
If you've had a c-section a body band helps keep everything in place
- let friends and family help out - a meal cooked by someone else is a marvellous thing! Also don't be afraid to ask for help
- remember those vitamins! Especially Iron and Magnesium -which helps you sleep and is proven to help with depression
Remember Mum you need to be your best self first - to give everything you can to your baby